Friday, October 22, 2010

That Beautifully Weird Thing Called Love - Part I

Arnav was sitting on his bed, looking at some old photographs, day dreaming and thinking simultaneously about the two beautiful years at his college, life with his friends, with Sneha, his new job and the new phase....

For the past two years, while he was doing his MBA, he himself didn't realize how everything used to revolve around this crazy girl called Sneha..She was his classmate,his best friend,his advisor,the girl who used to entertain him, irritate him, encourage him, support him, understand him and above all was there for him all the time..Everything just flashed before his eyes..those days when they used to hang out together, those combined studies before exams, those random conversations with her for hours and hours..the awesome surprise she had given to him on his birthday,the way she knew him so well that she could predict every damn thing about him..

And tomorrow is their farewell party..He will be going to Bangalore and Sneha would be right here in Delhi..He always knew that once they pass out of college, things will be different.. They would get to meet just once or twice in a year and they would be busy in their own jobs, their own lives.. He always believed that, people come n go, and life goes on..

But somehow he could not stand that restlessness, that fear, the fact that Sneha might go away from him.. He started talking to himself all of a sudden " Why cant I be as expressive as Sneha is..sometimes she sends ten back to back text messages to me just to say sorry and writes blogs and notes just to say thanks..Why is it that I am never able to express what I feel..Whatever I have achieved today, my first novel that I am about to complete, the awards that I have won, its all because of the fact that she made me believe I could do it..She helped me out in moving out of difficult phases.She made me realize that true friendship is rarer than true love and I was lucky to be with someone like her..I wish I could tell her..tell her how much her presence in my life means to me.. I want her to be happy, to see her cute smile, to make her laugh...I might have not realized this before, I still do not know what this weird feeling is, but I simply cannot imagine being without her and I gotta say this... I need to express myself now.."
He got up, looked for his cell phone and he called up Sneha..God knows why she was not picking up his calls..He was completely restless now..thinking about what he would say to her, how would she react..Finally, after hours and hours of day dreaming, he slept off...
And he saw himself going for the Farewell party the very next day...
He saw Sneha wearing a black sari... She was looking gorgeous..She was over-excited as always.. chatting continuously n not giving him a chance to speak..Finally he gathered that courage and said..

"Sneha, I wanna say something to you"
"I need to say something as well.. I, I will miss you..Will miss you badly..I mean, you were always there.. to listen to me, to make me smile, to make me laugh at your stupid jokes..You have been an awesome friend.. Sometimes I feel my college life had been so great only because of you, Arnav..Thanks for being there.. You know, its like......"
"Sneha, listen...I wanna say something very important.. dare you say a word and I'll kill you.. Let me complete what I have to say.."
"Alright, alright Arnav Basu.. continue, I promise I wont say a word"
"You know, its really difficult for me to say this,I have a hundred things to say, but I will try to be straightforward..As you say, its the best way to express your feelings..I might have taken you for granted at times, I might have taken a hell lot of time to realize this but..I am addicted to you Sneha, addicted to your talks, your smile, your weird philosophies,your childlike innocence,the way you take care of my health when I am ill, everything about you, your very presence in my life..I cant describe in words how much you matter to me ,Sneha, I donno how you would react or what you would say, I cant give any reasons or explanations to this...all I know is that I love you.."
" Finally..you took bloody two years to say this.. of course I love you too dumbo... and I can have a bet that no other guy would have proposed to a girl this way, 'dare you say a word and I'll kill you'.. You are crazy!.. I mean, guys propose to girls like... "
"Yes, I am crazy about the craziest girl alive... Cant believe this is true..you and I together, life is beautiful.."
Now they were walking around, talking continuously, Arnav couldnt stop noticing her cute smile and the way she was blushing..He asked her,
"You were always jealous of all those girls I used to flirt with, right"
"Naah, those bimbos, those dumb girls.. Why would I be jealous of them at all.. "
"Oh really, by the way, you know you look irresistible in black.."
"Shut up"
"When a girl says 'shut up', it actually means 'I love you'..."

And Arnav woke up with that sick alarm tone.... Fuck! It was just a dream... but the most beautiful dream ever, taking it as an omen, he decided he would definitely say whatever he had in his mind, today itself...
Would Arnav be able to express himeslf? How would Sneha react? Would that dream be true?
What will happen?
Check out the sequel that talks about unconditional love, that talks about the way destiny plays a role in our lives, the way two people who are destined to be together meet towards the end.....an entirely different aspect of this beautifully weird thing called love...

Coming soon...
Widget on
If you enjoyed this article then kindly take 5 seconds to share it!!

15 comments:

Andrew said...

Fantastic!!!!

Loved these lines...
She made me realize that true friendship is rarer than true love and I was lucky to be with someone like her..
you know you look irresistible in black..
When a girl says 'shut up', it actually means 'I love you.....

You are an amazing writer...
Will be waiting for the sequel..

Disha said...

Wow....excited to know wat happens next........getting butterflies in my stomach!!!

Unknown said...

i got goosebumbs when i read their conversation in his dream... really awesome... cant wait for the sequel

Anonymous said...

wow it seems a bit like my story!! amazing lines! waiting eagerly for the next!
nina

Nikki said...

dare you say a word and i'll kill you...hahaha. vaise kafi usual stuff but still majesticaly cute!!:):)

Rakesh said...

Awesome...
Amazing really....
cant wait for the next part!

Anonymous said...

Acha hai , bahut acha hai
but yet again kahaani filmy hai
lagta hai pehle kahin suni thi :P
sapne me shayad loool

let's see what's there in the next part :D

Sonia said...

Thanks everyone!!

So many people sayin that they cant wait for the next part :D :D

@ nikki
yeah... part 1 seems kinda usual stuff but I promise part 2 will be totally different... u can say that part 1 was just an introduction to the characters and the situation :)

Sonia said...

@ Shashank

:D
Kahani filmy hai..Mujhe pata tha tu ye hi kahega :P
maine bhi shayad sapne me hi suni thi ye kahani ;)

shreya srivastava said...

Let me say two things:
1. Beautiful love story. Waiting for the sequel desperately!!

2. Destiny does play a role. Nothing can counter it. I have experienced it.

Unknown said...

never knew this interesting keep blogging

Rahil said...

just jumped on ur blog for the first time, saw the post love part2, so decided to read part1 first.

it was such a innocent and deep story, i cud feel the words and there actual meanings, and most of the times was co-relating myself with your story.
Now going for the 2nd part. Hope it ends well, fingers crossed.

Sonia said...

@ everyone
thanks a lot!!

@ Rahil
OMG!!
Thank you so much :D

Karthik said...

Nice story :)

The Expert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...